Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The New Addition [or] '57 Chevy Reincarnated

After 2 weeks of anxiously awaiting her return from 'the shop', my new addition is now nestled comfortably in her new home. I am tickled pink to introduce to you my "new" sewing machine.

She is a Fifties model SewMor sewing machine - beautifully vintage and purrs like a kitten. Back in WWII the Japanese started making Singer knock-offs with all the Singer parts and called it a SewMor. They were very popular due to the inexpensive price, but they were still durable and reliable, not to mention about as heavy as a '57 Chevy.


Although my lady is about 50 years old, she runs like she's straight off the factory floor. I am really excited to start bonding with her over the projects I've been designing in my head. She just needs a name! Any suggestions?


As I was grocery shopping yesterday (my oh-so-favorite chore...[rolls eyes]) I was greeted at the door by these friendly beauties. They asked me to bring them home with me and promised to add cheerfulness to my apartment. At $1.50 a bunch, I couldn't say no. And they are living up to their end of the bargain - see how cheerful?!

Happy Easter, everyone - I pray that you are able to experience Heavenly Love during this season!

3 comments:

  1. Pretty Daffs! Oh So Cheerful...

    I'm afraid of sewing machines, but yours looks benign. How about Zee-Zee, as a name, since it says "Zig-Zag" in bold on one of the knobs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever drugs you are pilfering from the animal hospital that make you talk to flowers and sewing machines... I want some. Weirdo. Also, Blue Cream Sewda. (Pronounced Sow Duh) As a name... for your new "friend" the sewing machine. Bill I think you need to let sis out of her pen more often, shes getting cabin fever. Pretty soon her breakfast omelette is gonna reveveal to her the best new way to organize her shoes or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about Sophie? as in Sew Fee...PS - you're a little weirder than I already knew you were - naming cars - OK I get that, but sewing machines...I'm starting to wonder about you.

    ReplyDelete